Thursday, June 25, 2015

Changing Bra Styles: From Full Cup to Balcony

Earlier this year I found an excellent post by about Georgina Jones My New Year’s Resolution was to Get My Chest Out More and It’s Been Wildly Revolutionary. She has many of the same reasons I did to keep hers covered in the past and many of the same reasons for changing that look.
If you are full busted I know you too will appreciate as she put it: “seen as either obscene or matronly”.

I knew my day was coming, owing to working out, when I would have to leave my favorite Elomi full cup bras and the one plunge I had by them. Elomi, even though made by the same company as Fantasie and Freya, does not make bras with band sizes smaller than 34…oh sob…

I so hoped my cup size would go down, (Hopefully to a G cup!), but no. So it appears no demi-cup bras for me…but balcony styles, Yes!
I had also decided, owing to the fact that
  • I am 55+ years old
  • Have a heart surgery scar down the center of my chest
  • I have also decided to change my style, which I aim to show here later 
I do not think I can be seen as obscene for showing cleavage anymore.
Personally, I find this rather freeing. As I have given up trying to cover my gray hair, I do not care if I look my age! I want to be as cool and comfy this summer as I can.

So I am wearing lower cut T shirts and bras to go with them! The two Curvy Kate bras I am trying, and loving so far.
I may always stick with T shirts style wise, and have other plans regarding my general appearance which I am slowly up grading and will show here.

Naturally, I plan to get to know my Curvy Kate bra sizes and styles well, then shop them for less, just like I did during my years of wearing Elomi’s Caitlyn bras, using this Curvy Kate bras New with Tags at Buy it Now prices at eBay stores link.
That’s right: Broke, Cheap and Working That! Here are 2 more

Curvy Kate Balcony Bras on Sale for $25 and $31

After the great relief of finding bras that felt great, in size 32J, I noticed, as any Tee shirt lover would, that the shape was not quite right.
I would have to get larger cup sizes in these, or similar styles.
Going for variety, I choose similar, no padding styles on sale at Figleaves!

Because I really needed a nude or near that, color one for pale tops,
I was lucky to find Curvy Kate’s Gia Balcony Bras on sale in their blush color for $31.50. Sizes were limited, but I managed to get one in a size 32K.

These do come in JJ cup sizes too, but I wanted to be sure that I did not end up with the cup seam cutting into me, creating the weird shape so easily seen in paler T shirts…

This is just a picture below, but using this New Curvy Kate Gia Bras at Buy it Now prices link at this 9/12/15 update, I am finding107 of these bras, starting at $20!


  

I know, I know, I was shopping for pale color bras
but could not resist this beautiful Bardot bra for just $25. So I ordered it in 32JJ. This will help me get to know my Curvy Kate bra size too. Also, most of the time, I wear black T shirts, very tight ones…
Here it is, at this 9/12/15 update, pictured at Bigger Bras. If you click on its picture soon you can likely find it in some sizes in the 36 to 40FF, HH, J and K. At this update, I can say this is the one I am wearing the most. Now if I can get it in a pale color...



They tend to have the best full priced styles in large cup size bra styles. Usually if better prices are to be found on bras by Panache, Fantasie, Freya and others, it tends to be at Figleaves or Bravissimo. Not always, but mostly.

As for the above mentioned style changes, I will show them here in the near future.
Waiting for a few more things to show up here besides a couple of excellent bras!

I was timid about these changes, the cleavage and other styles, but I think I am getting into it now!

Hope this info about bra size changes has been helpful to you!

It has been a trying experience, but it is getting better!

6/25/15
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment