Sunday, April 30, 2006

The waist cinching panties and one long torso waist cincher

Last time I wrote here I mentioned shapewear I was waiting for. I wanted to see if it would make the dress you can see in the previous post look better.

And both pieces showed up about 3 days later. One was a long torso waist cincher, the other a waist cinching panty brief. I ordered both in “nude”, what Fredericks calls “Rose Chintz”.

The dress, being one outfit, I was planning to wear these shape wear styles with is fully lined. This made wearing these shapers with it more likely. Then I had fit problems, which you can read about here. It is largely because the only full figure size these styles of shape wear do not come in. Size 1X, the one I need.

I ordered a size 2X. Which, at my largest part, is 3 inches larger than a size 1X. Both the waist cincher and waist cinching panty brief were way to large. I figure it may have been fine, fit wise for some other styles of underwear. But I guess shape wear has to be at least the right size, not larger.

I returned the waist cinching panty briefer for an exchange. Gonna try a size smaller this time. Who knows? I’ll find out and write about it here, so you can find out when I do!

As for the long torso waist cincher, I returned it for a refund. It has boning. When I talked to the customer service people at Fredericks, they said it did not. If it had been the right size, it might be fine. And I might try it later, if the waist cinching panty briefer in the size smaller than I need works. Fitting loosely does no shaping to speak of, of course. Also one gets poked in the chest. Boning.

My take on boning is that if I’m gonna wear it, I won’t be poked in the chest. It’ll be boning in a corset that will go up to and include my breasts. I have a few ideas about that having to do with corsets. Or in my case one corset. Even if it’s just one, I’ll have to save up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment